Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Square Scraps Card

I got this idea from Tina Dyck and cased it.  Her talent can be found here: TINA DYCK  I had been wanting to stamp with this hostess set and this is one of the cards that I saw using the flower from the set.  I love the punch of colors to the simple clean card. 
In order to get the shadow boxes of color, I used scraps of cardstock, torn and tape together shown below.  Then I used a sponge to color in the squares.  So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry and Certainly Celery in order top to bottom. 
I used the scraps to also cover the card while I sprayed some black ink for flecks. The flower was stamped in Basic Black.  Here is another very simple card using the same technique.  Marika Lemay is from Canada and she does amazing work!  Check out her website here: MARIKA LEMAY You can translate to English at the top of the blog because she writes in French.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

p.s. I am working on tutorials and Disney Christmas scrapbook so hang on, its ALL coming!

2 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

These are soooo pretty, love the colors and layouts.

Karen Howard said...

What a great job you did. I love your color choices and the unique way that you got the colored square shapes onto the card. This is a must try technique. Thanks for sharing.