Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Halloween Treat

Here is my version of the candy wrapper die cut.  Many are making this cute thing in different ways.  Last year, I made this manually with scoring and cutting.  Finally, SU got it together and saw how popular this little treat box was!  This die cut is smaller than the ones hand made but still the ease of it tops it all.

I used Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Basic Black for the colors.  I cut one endof the candy wrapper to close the bottom of it.  Just cut the score line and fold like you would a box. I embossed the Rich Razzleberry with the Vintage folder. Then I sponged the edges with the same color.  The ghost was made from the Owl punch.  I took the main body of the owl and cut off the feet! Clever huh?  I love the google eyes on him!  I used our new 1/8" ribbon in Black.  Last was the little jewelry tag and the Teeny Tiny Words that was markered and huffed on the Old Olive and punched out.

This little treat holds two Nerds boxes or a mini Snicker candy bar!  Halloween is around the corner so I better start making these treats for classmates and co-workers.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm. .I remember making those last year and I believe my candy box came out wrong because I scored, folded & twisted all wrong! You'll be happy to know I successfully made 14 candy twist boxes for Joseph's preschool! But I had some help from the cricut:-)
- R