Monday, January 24, 2011

Gift using Definitely Decorative Vinyl

I love making handmade items for Christmas gifts!  I always try to make something for each of my sister-in-laws.  When I saw this on Mandy Grant's blog, I knew that this was a perfect gift for my SIL Lois.  Mandy made hers with cherry cobbler ribbon but I wanted it to be neutral.  My sweet downline Christine and I got together to make this one night.
I took an old 9x13 cookie sheet that I had, add the chalk vinyl to the top of the backside of the pan.  I then added the Newsprint DSP to the bottom of the pan.  There is a small box on the top that holds the chalk just behind the seam binding Very Vanilla bow and vintage brad.  I stamped the vintage circle from Artisitic Etchings on Very Vanilla and then placed it on magnetic sheet.  I punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle. I scalloped punch some Very Vanilla cardstock and placed on the overlap of the vinyl and paper.  I did add some Black 1/8" Taffeta ribbon on top of that.
I laugh when I think of how Lois opened this on Christmas Day.  All she could see was the front side of this beat up old cookie sheet and had the look of "thanks I think".  Then she turned it over to see the finished side.  I guess she loved it cause it was hanging in her kitchen when I was over there last week.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: