Monday, March 7, 2011

MDS Watercoloring - next level

Patty Bennett (yes the amazing Patty Bennett known here: pattys_stamping_spot) recently was inspired by little me for the watercoloring technique that I showed on MDS website and here on my blog.  Flowers are her thing and I know this cause I follow her blog.  But she took the watercoloring to a new level of depth and artistic expression.  So of course that in turn inspired me to do the same.  I went back to the original page and added more hints of color to the reds and greens. 
I have been thinking about this for days....so after I did this new step, I went for it.  I saved the image in a jpeg file.  Then I added square photo boxes int the page.  Double click on the box to bring up the photos file and searched for my saved jpeg.  I added the background in black with Overlays Texture in Old Olive.  The "plant" is from Just Believe brush set.  I added one more and flipped it so that I could make the stems longer and run off the page.  The words are from For all you Do brush set and Calendar basics brush set.
I sent this to my mom via email the other day to cheer her up.
Have a magical day!
Cindy

2 comments:

Gail S. said...

Beautiful post! I bet your Mother really enjoyed receiving this :)

Rose said...

I found your blog thru Patty Bennettt and I just love all your MDS projects! Thanks for sharing the watercolor technique! Gonna have to try it!