Friday, March 23, 2012

MDS Blog Hop Friday - CASE from a Catalog

This week's challenge was to CASE (copy-and-share-everything) from a catalog. Taking something in real form and changing it to MDS form was my mission! So I started with our currant FANTASTIC Occasions Mini Catalog (ends April 30th!). With this warm weather we are having, I am gearing up for the summer and with it LOVIN the Sweet Shop Suite which starts on page 32. I also recently got the Sweet Shop Kit # 129339 with all the embellishments, dsp and stamp images that make my mouth scream for ice cream!
I spied this cute simple card on page 34. It was so easy to recreate in My Digital Studio! I bet these would be super cute printed thru SU too! Great summer birthday cards to have on hand.
See that cute yummy stamp set at the bottom...it comes with the kit too! The best part was finding that the stem of the popsicle was also on there separately so I could make it a different color. WOOHOO!
With My Digital Studio, you are constantly learning about this program and all the wonderful things it can do! The tip today is that you can change the placement of the drop shadow.  It defaults to the lower and right of the item. But if you click and hold down with your mouse then you can move it all around the item. You can also use your arrow keys to move it as well. That is how I got the shadow all around the white punch box with the wording on my card.  Give it a try!

Check it out! We have the one and only KIMBERLY VAN DIEPEN as Guest Blogger this week! She has some amazing MDS designs so be sure to stop my her spot!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy

1 comment:

Wendie Waldman said...

Great card - refreshing!