Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Artisan Wednesday Wow - Boo Banner

 Welcome back to Artisan Wednesday WOW! You just came from Cathy Caines and next is Connie Collins, but before you come check out my boo banner and how I made it!

 
When we got our September box of Stampin' UP products from the 2013 Holiday Catalog, I was thrilled to see the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit # 133507 in there! If you must know one thing about me, I LOVE BANNERS!  Every holiday and every occasion, I have a banner for! Those stencils are so stinkin cute too! I used Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black ink on sponge daubers with the dot and chevron stencil from the kit. Then I used the circle stencil to make a moon with Crushed Curry and alcohol in the spritzer. I also sponged with Summer Starfruit to add a shades to my moon. I added a punched art pumpkin to it for the middle "O"....reminds me of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". To finish off the banner, I added some of the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit #132698 pieces. I trimmed the bat down to just show the black part.
I think my favorite part of this banner is maybe how it looks on that frame! I had this beautiful framed picture that the glass broke out of, so I just used the awesome frame to hang my banner on. Added some of my fake pumpkins and colored glass collection to complete my mantle for October.


Bring on the candy! Thanks for stopping by! I hope this inspires you today!
 Cindy 


Move on to Connie by clicking on the next button!

6 comments:

Connie Collins said...

Great banner for this time of year. Your mantel looks spookylicious!

Jen Timko said...

The banner is really awesome and the banner in the frame??? LOVE it!! Such a great decoration set for your home.

Lisa Barton said...

Love this banner - I feel an order coming on!

Cathy Caines said...

Yeah! I love that frame! And super cleaver spider!

Mercedes Weber said...

Super cute! Love the idea of the frame too!

Wendie Waldman said...

Love your banner and how you display it.