Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Stampin' Up Artisan Blog Hop - Botanical Pineapple Thanks

Welcome back to the 2015-2016 Stampin' UP Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! 
I am so blessed that I get to create and inspire with these amazing Stampin' UP products and share with you all here for another wonderful year! Remember that every other Thursday, all 20 of us from all over the world will post on our blogs an inspiring project for you! Be sure to get Google Translate so that you can read in your language all about how they created their projects too. Please keep hoppin' thru them all....you do not want to miss anyone of these amazing ladies!

This week we are showcasing our Artisan projects for the Stampin' UP Facebook Page this month. For this project, the team was to focus on May Flowers with many different floral products available right now!  I used the Botanical Builder Framelits and came up with something floral with a tropical feel! Summer is around the corner in our end of the world!
I first took my large Clear Block E and smashed my Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad all over it. Next I sprayed it with water in my Stampin' Spritzer. Place it on a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Shimmery White Cardstock. Pull it off carefully. Let it dry completely. I love the watercolor effect this technique gives with such ease! I added some flower images from the Botanical Blooms Stamp set on the dry pink rectangle with more Blushing Bride Ink for a little dimension. The flowers are die cut from the Botanical Builder Framelits and I used Calypso Coral and Watermelon Wonder cardstock. I also used the same framelits to make the "pineapple" leaves in Old Olive cardstock. The Daffodil Delight cardstock pineapple is punched from the Large Oval Punch, trimmed off the bottom a bit and stamped with an image from the Sparkle and Shine Stamp set that created the pattern pineapple look. The greeting and banner comes from the Endless Thanks Stamp set.
And it would not be complete without a piece of pineapple on a stick! I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock with the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits. I stamped the v images from the Sparkle and Shine Stamp set with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink pad. I did add more v's with a Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Marker in the spaces that was missing from the stamp set when I stamped all over the cut box piece. More Old Olive leaves and Watermelon Wonder flower with white center added with Mini Glue Dots. Add a Whisper White Baker's Twine bow. The straw is one I got at a local party supply store. You can see how to add the straw to the Curvy Keepsake Box HERE. (One of my very own favorite projects ever!) I thought these would be so cute for a summer party filled with yummy dried pineapple pieces or tropical flavored candies!

Thanks for stopping by here and if you leave a comment then THANKS for truly making my day! They mean the world to me!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy

Now on to one of the most talented papercrafters I know.....my friend, Connie Collins! She will blow your mind!

Supply List:
Botanical Builder Framelits
Botanical Blooms Stamp set
Sparkle and Shine Stamp set
Endless Thanks Stamp set
Thick Whisper White Cardstock
Shimmery White Cardstock
Daffodil Delight Cardstock
Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
Calypso Coral Cardstock
Old Olive Cardstock
Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad
Watermelon Wonder Classic Ink Pad
Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad
Memento Black Ink Pad
 Daffodil Delight Stampin Write Marker
Whisper White Baker's Twine
Large Oval Punch
Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits
Clear Block E 
Mini Glue Dots
Black and White Straws (local party supply store)

8 comments:

Amy O said...

You are so clever! And incredibly talented, too! Love the pineapple theme and how you've created it with these supplies.

Connie Collins said...

OMG...these are totally adorable!

Jenn said...

So so creative Cindy!

Wendie Waldman said...

So clever!

Tammy B said...

These are totally adorable! Love the little box.

beth rush said...

Oh my Goodness Cindy that pineapple is just so fun!! Love the card as well! great projects!

Kristie W. said...

Total cuteness!! Love what you did with the curvy keepsake box.

Krystal said...

SO CUTE!!! I've seen a lot of cute things with the curvy keepsake box die, but THIS one finally made me buy it! :D Very creative!!!