Sunday, October 2, 2016

To "DIE" for Halloween with the Creation Station Blog Hop

The Creation Station Design and Blog Hop is back this month! I was beyond thrilled to be asked to join this group of talented women for a monthly blog hop to inspire you with creative top of the line projects with a theme from all around the globe! We hope that you hop thru each blog and leave comments as we all love to hear praise about our creations!

This month our theme was to use a framelits or thinlits die in another way that what it was intended for AND to create something with a Halloween theme. I took the Cheerful Tags Framelits Dies and created these cute pumpkin treats!
To make the pumpkin body, take a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock and fold in half. Place the fold on the score center line of the framelits die and cover the scallop end of the framelits die. Run thru your Big Shot. Next you want to take your Paper Trimmer and make two score lines 3/8" on either side of the center score line. This photo shows how to do it.
To finish, I ran them thru my Big Shot with the Lucky Stars TIEF. I stamped the Jack-o-lantern smile with Basic Black Archival Ink and the Jars of Haunts Stamp set. I took a white and black striped straw, cut it to 3.5" and flattened with my bone folder. Add to the pumpkin body with Tear and Tape Adhesive. The leaves are from the Thoughtful Branches Bundle. This is Old Olive ink stamped on Old Olive Cardstock. Add some Linen Thread for a bow. The greeting comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and is stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink on Kraft Cardstock. I used Mini Glue Dots to add these.
 I added two Peep pumpkins in a cellophane baggie and attached with Tear and Tape Adhesive strips to hold closed.
Thanks for stopping by my post for the Creations Station Blog Hop!
Inspire. Create. Share. That's what I love to do.
Cindy
You saw Dena's awesome project before me and now move on to Jennifer's incredible project by clicking on the next button below! 
Dena Rekow

Jennifer Downey

3 comments:

kkstamper said...

Gosh! What a smart idea to use the Cheerful Tags Framelits to make a pumpkin! Those are the cutest treat holders, ever!! xoKathyxo

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a clever idea! This is on my wish list for my order month so I am definitely going to give this a try!!

Denita Wright-Smee said...

Very cute pumpkins, Cindy. I really love that Die set. D x